Name of Class: Schoolhouse Rotation:
Quadrants are 7 weeks each:
1. Always Art
2. Daily Etiquette
3. The Creation of Our Nation
4. God’s Garden
Parent-Teacher: Nancy Fowler
Location: Come As You Are Ministry (327 Cannon Street, Kingsport)
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:10-1p.m.
Maximum Student Size (Caps Out) Number: 8 kids.
Still availability as of today? YES
Ages/Grade(s) Recommendation: Grades K-4
Class Summary: This one “class” is scheduled for the full school year and consists of a quadrant of mini-courses, described below. Each session lasts 7 weeks and gives the student an enjoyable “first look” and elementary exposure to the subjects covered. The objective is to inspire new interests by giving a taste of various topics, which keeps learning interesting and fun!
1. Always Art: Let’s allow the kids to explore art in various ways, from simple to more intense. God has given us so much beauty which can be translated through many measures, giving each form special and unique outcomes. Art supplies will be discussed at Orientation.
2. Daily Etiquette: This class will focus on teaching manners, courtesy and respect for self and others. There will be specifications for both boys and girls, the way God created and intended. These lessons will result in timeless character qualities taught at an early age and expressed for a lifetime.
3. The Creation of Our Nation: We must never allow a generation to pass without first being taught the basic foundations of our great country and its laws, as laid forth in the Constitution. Students need to have a working understanding and knowledge of our Founding Fathers and their activities leading up to the formation of our country: the individuals who made excruciating sacrifices for our freedoms here in the United States of America.
4. God’s Garden: From the Garden of Eden, throughout the history of the world, God has given us everything we need to be self-sustaining, good stewards. We will be studying various climates and soils and what will/will not grow in each of them. Flowers, trees, herbs, fruits and vegetables are areas of study as well.
Orientation: Teacher will be present to go over class essentials.
Length of Class: Two semesters (August 29-May 8)
Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:10-1p.m.
Contact: Nancy Fowler ([email protected], 423.367.2618)
Assistant Needed: Please inform the parent-teacher if you can volunteer to assist in this classroom. At least one parent-assistant is desired.
Note from Nancy Fowler: As the grandma-teacher of the Schoolhouse Rotation class hosted at the Come As You Are Ministry Church Schoolhouse, I invite you to sign up your K-4th graders to participate and enjoy this learning opportunity. With each of the 4 sessions (7 weeks each), each student will experience a variety of different subjects without growing bored. As they learn the basics in each quadrant, their interests will flourish and help shape their passion for learning new things.
Please email me so I can save your child’s seat in this class, which may fill up quickly.
If you desire to sign your student up for this class, contact the parent-teacher right away (email and phone listed above) to get on the waiting list, as the class will fill quickly (max: 8). You must have a current membership to SchoolhouseTeachers.com to sign up. Need a discount? You can get one through Come As You Are Ministry by clicking the red discount box below. A full year membership which covers every child in the family is normally $269.97. Click the red box below for the discounted price of just $189 for a full 365 days.